Monday, February 23, 2009

Does anyone think I look like Diane Keaton in this photo???? Doooh! Does that mean I'll have to start wearing turtle necks and scarves like she does in all her movies? What is it about getting older that makes you look in the mirror one day and REALLY see the "crepey skin" that you used to read about in magazines! (I said crepey skin, not creepy!!!!)Though it wont be much longer till either will suffice! 
And what's with the square jaw line?? A dead give away of your age is the onset of ""Jowls"". Its not that I mind getting older, really!! But every now and then you see an ad for "facial rejuvenation" and it crosses your mind (just for one minute) that "it's your money, you've earned it and you can spend it on yourself if you like!" Trouble is, I don't think I'd have enough money once I started. I mean, a little tuck here, a little shot there... where would it stop. That's like painting your living room and ignoring the fact that the sofas have holes in and the carpet sticks to your feet! Obviously the secret is to love who you are (and get rid of all the mirrors in the house!) Most days I can do that, just once in while I "wonder" how easy it would be to get this jelly belly sucked out. I'd lay on the table, while the machines did all the work , eating Maltesers and leafing through an Oprah mag. Honestly, think of reality. If someone with all of Oprah's money and staff can't keep up her image, what's the point of someone like me thinking it's worth trying Ha Ha ?. Actually, I might give it one last shot. I'm going to join a new gym I've seen where the owner is my age and FIT. She competes in bodybuilding competitions and I reckon if anyone can bully me into shape, she can. Watch this space ( but not yet, I've got to fix my wobbly hips, my sore wrist, finish off a family size bag of Maltesers, pay for new brakes on the car ........) but I'm serious ( I AM!! ). I don't want to look like Diane Keaton (although she did have a snogging session with Keanu) I HATE turtle necks, they push on my jowls and make me gag!!!! 

No comments: