Saturday, October 4, 2008

Aaaah, Saturday morning. Best morning of the week. Nothing to get up for.No hurry, breakfast in bed, cartoons on T.V. ........CARTOONS?? That's not me! No , actually, I'm the one MAKING the breakfast in bed for the pampered poodle AKA Maxim!!! On the way to the kitchen take the laundry out of the dryer so sonny boy will have a kit to wear for this afternoon's soccer game. Who the hell left a kleenex in their pocket!!! Where is that roller thingy that removes lint? Cant find it. Use duct tape instead! Put new laundry in while I'm there. Run back to put toilet cleaner down the toilet because I have this secret fear that those two English women will turn up to demand "How Clean Is YOUR House???" rescue a spider that has been hanging around the bathroom for a couple of days. (not that I'm feeling benevolent, just that I dont want it climbing on me when I'm asleep!!). On my way to make my desperately need cuppa cha I hear "Muuuum, I've spilt my milk all over the bed... It's all up my arms. I can't move!!!"  Zut Allors!!  (which means Oh crap! in French ) Run back, yell at the boy, drag soggy duvet to washer,  (actually, think of wiping it with his dirty T-shirt but know that in a few days we will all be saying "what's that horrible SMELL??" ) finally get back to the kitchen to make my coffee.  Step outside to peel the soggy wet newspaper off the porch (shoulda picked it up last night when I saw it but had my arms full!)   Aaah, at last, coffee time.. Damn, forgot to switch on the coffee maker! While that's "perking" run downstairs to fix my hair. Now, before we go any further, must explain that I got a haircut yesterday. Look in the mirror. Would like to see Meg Ryan look -alike staring back. Instead, see Ronald McDonald (without his makeup) leering back!  Crap!. The first few days after a haircut are the worst. Attempt to hurredly re-create the magnificent "hot" do that I left the salon with yesterday.  No time, and no talent. I end up looking like my head has been sucked into a wind turbine!!!  Too late to fix it now!  Scream at boyyo to get dressed, gulp back my coffee and head to the car. It's 9.15am and I have to pick hubby up from work. If he mentions my new haircut I'll kill him!!!    Don't you LOVE Saturday mornings????

No comments: